REALLY literal - vancouver fashion & travel blog by Christina Chan: weekly buys 02

Wednesday 3 November 2010

weekly buys 02

(Aritzia hat & Eat, Pray, Love novel by Elizabeth Gilbert)
photos by me
I've wanted a hat for quite some time now. The obsession started after seeing the cute boater ones that Chanel presented on the runway. I found the perfect one in California with a not so perfect price. So upsetting. After searching high and low I've found one that fits my checklist for a good hat: 1)Price? 2)Color? 3)Material? 4)And most importantly, is it big enough to fit/sit perfectly on my massive head! The only problem is that it's from Aritzia, meaning that you'll probably see the same hat on numerous heads all around Canada. GR8 for the business, not great for me. I find that certain things start to lose their appeal once it becomes TOO mainstream. Anyway, imma keep wearing mine because I love it sooo!

When I went to go buy this book all I could find was the movie cover edition! I usually like buying the original book cover and this time was no exception. I always lose my place when reading and I don't like to dog-ear the pages so a bookmark is a must. Often time I don't see the point of an actual 'bookmark' so I just use random things such as cards, receipts, the fortune from my cookies, anything! In this case it's a Chill Winston business card. I love it there. So... dare I say, chill? xxx
Instagram - @REALLYliteral

7 comments:

  1. want to see and read this real bad x

    www.pinstripeprince.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to see the movie and read the book, thanks for sharing
    <3
    http://reserveradefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want a hat too!

    http://thefashioninbox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wanna read it too, but at this time I have no free time at all, so I'll watch the movie instead. Loved your blog.

    xoxo,
    Froso from Style Nirvana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Charleston, Angga, Froso - I'd recommend you go see/read it immediately! xxx

    Serena P. - Thank you! xxx

    Meekay - It's so hard to find a good one right? Tell me when you do! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. The book is amazing and I've seen the movie and it's quite inspiring too. Take a look on my blog and feel free to follow me, I'm following you. I would love if we could follow each other, ohh and if you have twitter you can add me too or facebook . I would be so glad.
    ♥, Jo

    ReplyDelete