REALLY literal - vancouver fashion & travel blog by Christina Chan: Mondrian LA

Monday 28 November 2011

Mondrian LA

PB247437PB247434PB247445PB247449
photos by SP & me
[ Topshop dress & necklace ]

My last few days in LA and we had the privilege of staying at the Mondrian LA on Sunset Boulevard. I have a soft spot for beautifully decorated interiors and the immediate weak-in-the-knees feeling I received upon walking into the lobby was nothing compared to what I felt upon setting foot in our palace. Benjamin Noriega-Ortiz' modern contemporary design aesthetic is seen everywhere throughout the hotel. From the lamp stand imitating a wooden branch to the cleverly hidden flat screen TV within the oversized revolving mirror. I love people who are so meticulous in whatever they do. No matter what their craft is.

Here I am frolicking around the lounge area of the room - as opposed to the sleep&dream area of the room I guess? Seriously. SO much space! - with my balloon. We were just about to go on an adventure in Koreatown to find dinner followed by having a few laughs at The Comedy Store so naturally, the mullet dress had to make an appearance. Articles of clothing that have a slight twist in their design really attracts me. It's also a great take on the classic LBD. So why not?
xxx
Instagram - @REALLYliteral

6 comments:

  1. You're so cute! I love your blog lady

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you had a great time, the sofa chair looks so amazing!
    thanks for sharing!

    if you like we can follow each other on bloglovin :)
    let me know!
    STYLE DECORUM

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sofa looks amazing, it's so huge! I love your dress too.

    Sarah
    xo
    www.almostdelightful.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that sofa is sooo nice! It is so pretty! the pictures as well with you black beautiful dress!
    Really, very great!

    ReplyDelete